Monday, October 22, 2012

Travel Bag


So I am going on two.....yes, two......vacations over the next 2 weeks. I think that is a little crazy, but I'm doing it and I am sure that it is going to be awesome. I am going to the International Quilt Market in Houston, followed by a trip to Disneyland. 

In light of my upcoming travels, I decided that I need a bigger bag that will hold a notebook as well as my regular purse items, plus a water bottle and snacks. So, I made one.  I used the same pattern that I used here but tweaked it a little to fit my needs. I ended up adding extra pockets, a longer strap, and a flap.  So, it's kind of a purse/messenger bag hybrid, if you will. Here are some pictures. 




I had all of this fabric in my stash.  I'm glad that I finally used it! The best is that I didn't have to buy a thing to make this bag because I had everything I needed. I love that. 


The pockets are big inside. One of them is the width of the bag and has a piece of velcro to keep it closed. I think it turned out pretty well. It took me about 6 hours from start to finish. 
Maybe I will get faster some day ;)



1 comment:

  1. Nicely done and perfect for DL! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete